All businesses generate waste, and Lyn has acted for a wide range of clients in the manufacturing sector, advising them on compliance/regulatory investigations. However, she has developed particular expertise in advising waste management businesses.
Examples of Lyn’s work include:
- Acting for a leading waste management company on a number of safety, health and environmental incidents at its facilities, including landfills and waste transfer stations/MRFs, and on the transport of waste/hazardous substances;
- Acting for a composting business in connection with an investigation/prosecution by the Environment Agency;
- Successfully defending an international waste company in connection with a fatality of one of its employees on a municipal waste collection contract;
- Advising waste and manufacturing companies on compliance with their environmental permits, and running appeals against permit conditions/refusal to vary;
- Assisting companies in developing anaerobic digestion facilities, including advising on the planning and environmental permitting implications;
- Advising companies on the application of legislation relating to by-products and the carriage of goods such as animal by-products.