Many lawyers assist with buying and selling businesses and sites; why do we need sector-experienced help with this for our transaction?
It is vital to have access to experienced advice on these transactions; the issues are not always obvious and relate to complex regulations and site specific factors, such as permits and environmental reports and assessments, which need expert consideration.
Can you provide some examples of work supporting chemicals and manufacturing business operations?
We have advised on most aspects of legal and regulatory support activities required by chemicals, manufacturing and waste businesses, from corporate and financing transactions to commercial contracts and environmental issues.
Our experience includes:
- Advising downstream users on the practical implications of REACH and assisting them in obtaining technical advice so as to enable them to modify their purchasing and other systems
- Acting for an international chemicals business on an acquisition of a Yorkshire chemicals production site
- Advising on environmental issues as part of the sale/acquisition of chemicals businesses
- Advising manufacturers on the sale of machinery to the Far East
- Advising on the set up of outsourced manufacture and related contracts with suppliers to support the effective delivery of finished cosmetic products
- Advising on ethical trading compliance to meet customer compliance requirements in different territories around the world.
We are an inventive business and are always worried about others gaining access to our ideas, processes and products.
We understand and have dealt with a wide range of issues that can arise. We consider it vital that you control ownership of rights arising from the inventive process and that the right protections are in place. Our team is able to provide assistance with Non-Disclosure Agreements/confidentiality arrangements designed specifically for your industry and guidance on intellectual property protection and exploitation.
We believe in working with you to improve our knowledge of your business so that we can in turn help you to better protect it and to exploit your ideas.