Head of Commercial Property
Simon leads the firm’s Commercial Property team, which is one of the most successful teams of its kind in the country.
Simon is responsible for ensuring that this team meets the strategic commercial needs of our clients and the delivery of client services across the spectrum of the commercial property disciplines.
The skills and experience of the commercial property team are recognised by a wide range of clients across the region and nationally, including:
- TCS plc
- Evans Property Leeds
- Kelda (Yorkshire Water)
- Crown Group
- A number of retail banks and lenders
The commercial property team’s services include:
- Commercial development - in particular the retail and industrial sector
- Property acquisition & disposal
- Property finance
- Portfolio estate management
- Landlord & tenant business work
Simon is widely recognised for his ability to solve complex commercial property issues and to get the deal done, particularly helping clients at the outset to formulate a plan to fully exploit strategic land management opportunities.
In recent years, Simon and the team have acted on the following:
- Day-to-day support for the retail and office property management of the 800,000 square feet Merrion Centre, Leeds
- Negotiation and settlement of a 30,000 square feet factory extension for Kongsberg Actuation Systems Ltd (a billion euro Norwegian company)
- A £2.65m retail and warehouse development at Castleford, covering a 2.32 acre site, now all occupied by commercial tenants
- A 14-year project acting for the Holy Trinity Church, protecting their rights and securing compensation in connection with the Trinity Shopping Centre in Leeds
- Roger Bullivant – acquisition and development of a new HQ for all the company’s outlet bringing together office and industrial useage to one 22 acre location
Simon is a member of Shulmans' Management Board and is a past President of the Leeds Jewish Representative Council.