Kate is an Associate of Shulmans’ real estate team, having joined the firm in 2017. She has extensive experience of the full range of commercial development work, including complex funding structures and the creation of joint ventures.
Kate deals with all aspects of commercial development work for a range of clients, including:
- Site acquisition and complex site assembly;
- Funding and development, including institutional forward funding;
- Creating project specific joint venture vehicles to bring forward complex development and regeneration schemes; and
- Structuring and drafting rack rental leases and sales of investment interests.
Kate advises private sector developers. Key clients include:
- H20 Urban (No 2) LLP;
- Blocwork LLP;
- Bridgecore Developments Limited; and
- Opus Developments.
Kate also has extensive experience acting on behalf of commercial property portfolio managers.
Examples of recent transactions include:
- Acting for Blocwork LLP on a £25 million student accommodation scheme in Lincoln.
- Acting for H20 Urban (No 2) LLP on a £14 million historic Canal housing development at Bulbourne.
- Acting for H20 Urban (No 2) LLP on a £14 million Hertfordshire waterfront development deal.
Richard Thomas, Director of Blocwork LLP said in relation to the student accommodation scheme at Lincoln:
“The Shulmans team have been incredibly proactive in providing timely and invaluable advice, guiding us through the complicated legal and commercial issues associated with developing and funding a site in such close proximity to a busy train line in very tight timescales.”
Nicola Tindale, CEO of H20 Urban (No 2) LLP said in relation to the Bulbourne scheme:
“We are delighted to have completed the deal and our thanks go to the team at Shulmans. The development is a great example of how empty listed buildings can be brought back into viable use, and Shulmans has been incredibly proactive in providing invaluable advice and steering us through the complicated legal and commercial issues associated with bringing forward a site of this nature in joint venture.”