29 September 2011

Barratt Homes and Shulmans ensure couple are first to complete on government's First Buy Scheme

We recently acted for Barratt Yorkshire West’s Horizons development where a young couple became the first in Yorkshire to complete on a new home at Barratt Yorkshire West’s Horizons development under the FirstBuy shared equity scheme.

Gavin and Leanne Nicholson had been living close to the Allerton Bywater development in rented accommodation with their young son Noah when they heard about the scheme.

FirstBuy has been designed to give first-time buyers a route to home ownership at the lowest possible cost and with the lowest possible deposit. Buyers will be offered a loan of up to 20 per cent of the price of the property, jointly funded by Barratt Yorkshire West and the Government’s Homes and Communities Agency (HCA). Buyers can fund the remaining 80 per cent with up to 75 per cent mortgage and just five per cent deposit, making owning a home much more affordable for first-time buyers.

For more information - or to discuss any issues you may have - please contact Rosemary Edwards at Shulmans on 0113 297 7724 or at redwards@shulmans.co.uk, or Nicky Morgan on 0113 297 7744 or at nmorgan@shulmans.co.uk.