Legal services specifically tailored to the music, entertainment and sports industries
The music, entertainment and sports industries have developed their own particularities, practices and terminology. There is also often a requirement for discretion when dealing with high-profile individuals and their management.
Our multidisciplinary team has the skills and knowledge to assist you in a complex and competitive business to ensure your commercial objectives are achieved.
Examples of cases where we have assisted businesses and individuals include:
- An international fragrance producer for its deals with sports stars, artists and celebrities;
- A UK-based musician in respect of song ownership and royalties;
- A UK-based manager when an artist secured a record deal with Robbins Entertainment;
- A UK-based musician ending a management contract and sunset provisions;
- A UK business arranged for a group to perform in Spain;
- A UK-based sub-publisher acquiring rights;
- A production company in respect of the rights to a television series;
- An animation company in respect of the creation of a feature film, series and computer game;
- A Rugby Union player when transferring to a new club;
- A golf club in respect of its commercial contracts;
- An employee of the RFU in respect of employment issues;
- Defamation clearance for a football autobiography;
- Sponsorship deal for a professional boxer.
We provide expert advice in the following areas:
- Brand management: protecting and managing your brand;
- IP clearance checks: ensuring that your business activities are not exposing you to IP risks;
- IP enforcement action: stopping IP infringement both in the UK and overseas;
- Portfolio and contract management: keeping track of your IP portfolio and IP contracts to ensure these are working for you.
Further information about our services can be found on our Intellectual Property pages.