Legal services for Lloyd’s syndicates, insurers, re-insurers and MGAs
The insurance market is evolutionary and dynamic and we respond to our clients’ needs accordingly. We advise a number of major insurers in defending claims made against them or their insured as well as advising on claims against third parties.
Our aim is always to achieve the best outcomes in the most cost-effective way and we will work closely with you to design a strategy and develop tactics to achieve this.
Our services encompass the following areas:
- Director and officer policies: advising directors and officers under composite directors’ and officers’ or professional indemnity policies;
- Subrogated claims: we understand the challenges faced by insurers when deciding whether or not to bring claims against third parties to recover losses and we work closely with our clients to achieve the right outcomes;
- Title and legal indemnity claims: we advise on all types of legal indemnity claims including those relating to restrictive covenants, rights of light, title issues and easements;
- Lenders’ policies: we have extensive experience in handling claims on title indemnity and valuation indemnity policies issued to lenders, particularly in the bridging sector;
- HSE, planning and environmental claims: helping to develop and maintain the right strategy can be crucial and our team will work with you both on a strategic and a case by case basis;
- Professional negligence: the implications of a professional negligence claim can be serious and go beyond the financial. Our job is to work with the insured to minimise the impact, whether financial or otherwise of any claim.