Joe is a commercial lawyer who specialises in non-contentious commercial, IT/technology, data protection and intellectual property matters.
Having moved to South Africa in 2007, Joe studied his law degree through The Open University, passing with first-class honours, and returned to the UK in 2015 to undertake the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law in Leeds, which he passed with a distinction across all modules. Joe also achieved the highest combined mark amongst students, securing him the university’s ‘Corporate and Commercial Law Prize’.
Joe was retained by Shulmans at the end of his training contract and provides significant commercial value to clients, having advised clients in-house and with his local and international legal experience.
Clients have praised Joe for his “intelligence, self-motivation, forward-thinking approach and willingness to go above and beyond to achieve exceptional results”. Joe focuses on assisting clients in the following areas:
- Agency, distribution and franchising agreements
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Consultancy agreements
- Consumer rights and contracts with consumers
- Data protection, including carrying out data protection audits and breach handling
- E-commerce and website regulation
- Heads of terms in commercial transactions
- Joint ventures
- Manufacturing and supply agreements
- Non-contentious intellectual property matters
- Outsourcing agreements
- Software and IT contracts
- Standard terms and conditions of business