Jayne specialises in non-contentious construction law and has over ten years of experience in advising a wide range of clients on varied and complex issues, including developers, contractors, investment funds, banks, retailers and housebuilders.
Clients describe Jayne as "a talented and dedicated lawyer" and particularly value her "attention to detail and no-problem approach to the projects she undertakes".
Jayne’s expertise includes:
- Advising on both industry-standard and bespoke forms of construction procurement documents, including building contracts, appointments, collateral warranties, bonds and guarantees;
- Negotiating suites of contracts for complex construction projects involving the development of hotels, supermarkets, student accommodation, leisure facilities, retail and industrial premises;
- Advising banks on their security packages when funding construction works;
- Advising on documenting project bank accounts or escrow accounts;
- Advising on licences for over-sailing and refurbishment works.
Jayne's previous work has included:
- Acting for an off-shore investment fund on the development agreements and construction procurement documents necessary as part of their security package on schemes for hotel developments;
- Acting for a PLC retail chain to negotiate an agreement with a national energy provider to install new equipment at over 60 stores, as well as advising them on procurement issues and the construction aspects of Agreements for Lease;
- Advising a retailer on the building of its flag-ship store in central London;
- Acting for various national and foreign banks on security packages for the financing of care homes, hotels and industrial/commercial premises;
- Acting for a number of developers in their procurement of mixed-use retail, commercial, hotel and industrial premises.
Jayne has recently provided advice to a developer on the contractual documentation and remedial ground works involved in the acquisition, construction and disposal of a site. She has also provided advice on a large retail and leisure scheme which involved complex funding arrangements.
Jayne is a member of the Society of Construction Law.